Sunderland goalkeeper Simon Mignolet does not expect his side's showing in the upcoming Wear-Tyne derby to be affected by their first defeat of the season.
Reigning Premier League champions Manchester City took the Black Cats apart 3-0 at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday, with Joe Hart barely troubled in the home net.
But Mignolet insists it will be a completely different scenario when Sunderland host Newcastle at the Stadium of Light after the international break.
He told the Sunderland Echo: "Joe Hart only made one really good save from the (Steven) Fletcher header, but it's a totally different game when you play Newcastle at home than away at the Etihad against Manchester City.
"It's a different game and we'll try to do our very best to get a result against Newcastle.
"We have to move on from this now. It's a game away to Manchester City and that's never going to be an easy one and we've got a very important home game when we come back from the international break.
"We can't dwell on things and hopefully we come back fresh and fit and get a good result against Newcastle at home."
- Steven Fletcher Wins Player Of The Month For September
- Fletcher Welcomed Back To Scotland Squad
- Man City 3-0 Sunderland: Sunderland's unbeaten run ends
- O'Neill: International Break Will Be Time To Reflect
More from Sunderland AFC
- Liverpool In Talks To Sign Sunderland Goalkeeper Simon Mignolet
- Sunderland Boss Di Canio To Fine Overweight Players
- Transfer Talk: Liverpool Closing On Deal For Sunderland's Simon Mignolet
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland Target Abel Hernandez Set For Palermo Stay
- Transfer Talk: English Interest Mounts In Sunderland Target Abel Hernandez
- No Plastic Mags Allowed: Sunderland Memorabilia Collector Shows Off 'Beach Ball' Match Ball
- Thursday's Newcastle Transfer News: Bent Move Doubtful, Cabaye Chase Hots Up
- Thursday's Sunderland Transfer News: Mignolet Nears Exit, Another Striker Linked
Related tags: Sport
- Alan Pardew 'Undermined' By 'Pointless' Kinnear Appointment
- Newcastle United's Yohan Cabaye Not For Sale Says Joe Kinnear
- Joe Kinnear: Listen To Sky Sports News Interview In Full
- Newcastle's Yohan Cabaye: Monaco Transfer 'Might Interest Everyone'
- Transfer Talk: Newcastle Target Aubameyang Eyes Monaco Move
- Simonside Challenge Soapbox Derby: Wacky Races In Northumberland
- Fasten Your Seatbelts: Rally Event Aims To Bring Motorsport To Sunderland
- Aussie Rules Comes To Newcastle: Meet The North East's First AFL Team
Related tags: Football
- Betting Suspended On Cabaye Move From Newcastle United To Monaco
- Transfer Talk: San Lorenzo Still Hope To Sign Newcastle United's Fabricio Coloccini
- Newcastle United Captain Fabricio Coloccini To Stay For Another Year
- Surprise Surprise: Newcastle United Tea Lady Gets Free Sky For A Year
- Iconic Newcastle United Gates To Return To St. James' Park After 20 Years On Farmland
- Transfer Talk: Monaco Interested In Newcastle United's Yohan Cabaye
- Transfer Talk: Steven Taylor Not Looking For Newcastle United Exit
Related tags: Sunderland
- Sunderland Transfer Policy Worries Former Scout Pop Robson
- SAFC Sign El-Hadji Ba: Are These The Faces Of The New Transfer Policy?
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland Set To Make Guilavogui Bid
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland Chasing Livorno Striker Paulinho
- Wednesday's Sunderland Transfer News: Fourth Signing In, Could Four More Follow?
- Transfer Talk: Newcastle And Sunderland To Do Battle Over Inter Midfielder Joel Obi
- Tuesday's Sunderland Transfer News: Three New Signings And More Linked
- Sunderland Triple Signing: Valentin Roberge Cabral And Modibo Diakite