England Under-21 ace Danny Rose has confirmed he would like to make his loan move to Sunderland a permanent one.
The Tottenham left-sider is on a season-long loan at the Stadium of Light and he made his debut in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Liverpool.
And Rose admits he would jump at the chance to move to Wearside on a permanent basis.
"If there was a chance that I could move here permanently, I'd snatch it with both hands," he told the Sunderland Echo.
"Nothing has been said of that kind. I'm just here on loan for the season and anything after that would be a bonus.
"The gaffer just asked me to come here on loan and said I'd play more games here than I would at Spurs which is right.
"I've just got to take it game by game and see where it takes me.
"I had interest from a couple of clubs, but once I saw the signings that Sunderland had made, it was a no-brainer and with being closer to my family as well, that helps.
"Adam Johnson has come from Man City. He could have gone to a host of Premier League clubs, but he came here.
"Louis Saha I was with last season and they paid big money for Steven Fletcher. It just shows Sunderland's intent for the season."
More from Sunderland AFC
- Sunderland Sign David Moberg Karlsson From IFK Goteborg
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland Linked With Move For Argentinian Lucas Orban
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland Make Matej Vydra Loan Bid
- Steven Fletcher Fitness Boost For Sunderland Head Coach Paolo Di Canio
- Newcastle And Sunderland's 2013/14 League Fixtures Announced
- Badge Of Honour? Sunderland Boss's Dig At Rivals While Meeting President
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland Chase PSV Keeper Jereon Zoet
- Liverpool In Talks To Sign Sunderland Goalkeeper Simon Mignolet
Related tags: Sport
- Derek Llambias Quits Newcastle United Role: Live Blog
- Derek Llambias Resigns From Role As Managing Director At Newcastle United
- West Ham Sign Former Newcastle United Striker Andy Carroll For Club Record Fee
- Newcastle United Boss Alan Pardew Leads The Premier League Sack Race
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew: I'm Going Nowhere
- Transfer Talk: Newcastle United Pulled Out Of Douglas Deal By Joe Kinnear
- Free Travel Offered To Away Fans On Derby Day
- Metz Striker Olivier Kemen Keen On Newcastle Switch
Related tags: Football
- Alienation And Amusement: Joe Kinnear Returns To Newcastle
- Sky Sources: Andy Carroll To Undergo West Ham Medical
Related tags: Sunderland
- Sunderland Boss Di Canio To Fine Overweight Players
- Transfer Talk: Liverpool Closing On Deal For Sunderland's Simon Mignolet
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland Target Abel Hernandez Set For Palermo Stay
- Transfer Talk: English Interest Mounts In Sunderland Target Abel Hernandez
- No Plastic Mags Allowed: Sunderland Memorabilia Collector Shows Off 'Beach Ball' Match Ball
- Thursday's Newcastle Transfer News: Bent Move Doubtful, Cabaye Chase Hots Up
- Thursday's Sunderland Transfer News: Mignolet Nears Exit, Another Striker Linked
- Sunderland Transfer Policy Worries Former Scout Pop Robson