Wolfsburg manager Felix Magath claims to have blocked a number of approaches for in-demand frontman Patrick Helmes.
The Germany international, who has been a regular source of goals in the Bundesliga for some time now, is reported to have attracted interest from Sunderland.
West Brom are also believed to be keen on taking the 28-year-old to England, and have enquired as to his availability.
Wolfsburg are, however, reluctant to part with a player who has spent 18 eventful months on their books.
"We are not interested in transferring Patrick Helmes and a move is out of the question," Magath told Kicker-Sportmagazin.
"It's a fact that we have been receiving enquiries for his services, but I have turned all of them down."
Valencia are another side to have been strongly linked with a move for Helmes, but the 28-year-old forward says he has no interest in joining the Spanish outfit.
"I am not joining Valencia," he said.
"A transfer to Valencia has never been an issue for me to consider."
- Transfer Talk: Agbonlahor Happy At Villa
- Transfer Talk: Attack The Priority For O'Neill
- Brown Injury Worries O'Neill
- Injury Worries For O'Neill
More from Sunderland AFC
- PFA Warning For Sunderland Boss Paolo Di Canio After Players' Complaint
- Tyne And Wear Football Team Of The Season: What Do You Think?
- Have Your Say: Sunderland AFC Fans' Survey 2013
- 'Psycho Drama Queen': Phil Bardsley's Girlfriend's Twitter Attack On SAFC Boss Di Canio
- Sunderland Boss Di Canio Criticises Phil Bardsley Over Casino Pictures
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland In For Striker Charlie Austin?
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland May Miss Out On Danny Rose
- Spurs 1 - 0 Sunderland: Bale Brilliance Sinks Paolo Di Canio's Side
Related tags: Sport
- Sky Sources: West Ham And Liverpool Agree Fee For Andy Carroll
- Have Your Say: Newcastle United Fans' Survey 2013
- Newcastle 0 - 1 Arsenal: Final Day Defeat As Steve Harper Says Goodbye
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Confident Over Future
- Yorkshire Bank 40: Durham Lose To Hampshire By Five Wickets
- Paolo Di Canio: Sunderland Would Have Gone Down Without Me
- Transfer Talk: Simon Mignolet's Agent Rubbishes Talk Of A Move
Related tags: Football
Related tags: Sunderland
- Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland Preview: SAFC To Play With 'Dignity'
- Paolo Di Canio Fires Holiday Threat At Sunderland Squad
- Sunderland Safe From Relegation: Reaction From Ex Player and Fanzines
- SAFC Boss Di Canio On Connor Wickham Frustration: I Have To Slap His Face
- Sunderland's Alfred N'Diaye Impressed By Goalkeeper Simon Mignolet
- Sunderland 1 - 1 Southampton: Di Canio Hails Important Point Against 'Better' Saints