Asamoah Gyan has signed for U.A.E. side Al-Ain on a permanent basis.
The 26-year-old left Sunderland last season in a loan move and he finished top-scorer in the United Arab Emirates with 22 goals.
Gyan signed for Sunderland in August 2010 for a reported £13m, a Sunderland club record. He made 34 appearances, scoring 10 goals.
His loan move to Al-Ain for a fee of £6m was a record for a deal of its type.
Gyan never met Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill.
More from Sunderland AFC
- PFA Warning For Sunderland Boss Paolo Di Canio After Players' Complaint
- Tyne And Wear Football Team Of The Season: What Do You Think?
- Have Your Say: Sunderland AFC Fans' Survey 2013
- 'Psycho Drama Queen': Phil Bardsley's Girlfriend's Twitter Attack On SAFC Boss Di Canio
- Sunderland Boss Di Canio Criticises Phil Bardsley Over Casino Pictures
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland In For Striker Charlie Austin?
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland May Miss Out On Danny Rose
- Spurs 1 - 0 Sunderland: Bale Brilliance Sinks Paolo Di Canio's Side
Related tags: Sport
- Sky Sources: West Ham And Liverpool Agree Fee For Andy Carroll
- Have Your Say: Newcastle United Fans' Survey 2013
- Newcastle 0 - 1 Arsenal: Final Day Defeat As Steve Harper Says Goodbye
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Confident Over Future
- Yorkshire Bank 40: Durham Lose To Hampshire By Five Wickets
- Paolo Di Canio: Sunderland Would Have Gone Down Without Me
- Transfer Talk: Simon Mignolet's Agent Rubbishes Talk Of A Move
Related tags: Football
Related tags: Sunderland
- Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland Preview: SAFC To Play With 'Dignity'
- Paolo Di Canio Fires Holiday Threat At Sunderland Squad
- Sunderland Safe From Relegation: Reaction From Ex Player and Fanzines
- SAFC Boss Di Canio On Connor Wickham Frustration: I Have To Slap His Face
- Sunderland's Alfred N'Diaye Impressed By Goalkeeper Simon Mignolet
- Sunderland 1 - 1 Southampton: Di Canio Hails Important Point Against 'Better' Saints