George Thompson and Martin Fox are taking on a derby day challenge with a difference to raise money for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.
The pair will run from the Tyne Bridge to the Wearmouth Bridge during the Wear-Tyne derby.
They will have 90 minutes plus any stoppage time to complete the twelve miles.
George said: “The idea all started when we did the Great North Run together.
“We were walking back home and thought what do we do next.
“We’d run from Newcastle to Shields so we thought why not Newcastle to Sunderland.
“Derby Day was coming up so we decided to do it then, then thought we’d do it during the match, in the club strips and it all snow balled from there.”
The pair chose to raise money for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation after Martin lost two grandparents to cancer.
To help them reach their £700 target, you can donate here: http://www.justgiving.com/derbydaybridgerun
- Bike For Bobby: Robbie Elliott’s 3,500 Challenge To Begin
- Shearer, McElderry, Bobby And Opera: Worlds Collide For Charity Fundraiser
- Teeing Off To Raise Money For The Alan Shearer Foundation
- Excited For The Wear-Tyne Derby?
More from Sport
- Newcastle 0 - 1 Arsenal: Final Day Defeat As Steve Harper Says Goodbye
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Confident Over Future
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland May Miss Out On Danny Rose
- Yorkshire Bank 40: Durham Lose To Hampshire By Five Wickets
- Spurs 1 - 0 Sunderland: Bale Brilliance Sinks Paolo Di Canio's Side
- Paolo Di Canio: Sunderland Would Have Gone Down Without Me
- Transfer Talk: Simon Mignolet's Agent Rubbishes Talk Of A Move