Former Newcastle United player Joey Barton said he was “heartbroken” at the breakdown of his move to Marseille.
The midfielder took to Twitter to complain he’d returned to training at current club Queens Park Rangers.
Sky Sources suggested the 29-year-old had been offered a free transfer by QPR after another Twitter rant.
He said: "Been forced to go back training with the kids and fellow Taliban members at 2pm today.
“Doesn't look like this Marseille thing is gonna happen now.
“'Whatever doesn't kill you make you stronger' #heartbroken.
"Why can't things just be simple...
"Maybe this is time to dumb down and be dishonest. It seems to take you a long way in this game..."
The midfielder was also allowed to leave Newcastle last August on a free transfer after a summer of speculation suggested he was set to leave the club.
The 29-year-old midfielder is currently without a squad number at Loftus Road having been served with a 12-match Football Association suspension following his sending off at Manchester City last season.
Manager Mark Hughes also stripped the one-time England international of the captaincy and, as a result, talk of a surprise move to France surfaced.
- Former Newcastle Midfielder Barton Offered Free Transfer
- Banned Barton To Train With League Two Side
- Barton Stripped Of QPR Captaincy
- Joey Barton Arrested After Fight Outside Nightclub
Should Martin O'Neill sign Joey Barton for Sunderland?
More from Sport
- LV= County Championship Durham CCC v Middlesex CCC: Day One
- Sunderland End Of Season Stat Attack: SAFC Had Premier League's Most Accurate Finisher
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Backed By Board
- Transfer Talk: San Lorenzo Still Hope To Sign Newcastle United's Fabricio Coloccini
- Sunderland's Titus Bramble Tweets Goodbye To Club And Teammates
- Changing Lives Through Football: Homeless FA Comes To Sunderland
- Newcastle United No To Signing Andy Carroll
- Sunderland Head Coach Paolo Di Canio Happy With Transfer Team Effort