The Bupa Great North Run is one of the most talked about events of the year and almost everyone who takes part has their own story to tell - and we want to hear them!
Click here to read the stories we've received so far.
If you are running in memory of someone close, or simply because you want to help a good cause, send us your picture & story by clicking here and we'll feature it in our "I'm Running For..." page with your fundraising link.
You will then be automatically entered into our “I’m Running For...” competition to win a three month ‘all inclusive’ top membership package at David Lloyd to help you stay fitter for longer.
The competition is valid from Monday 20th August until Monday 17th September 2012. Images can be accepted in the following formats: jpeg, gif or png files. Entries will close at midnight on Monday 17th September 2012.
You can also download the free Sky Tyne and Wear app from the App Store or Google play and send us a picture of yourself via the ‘Your Report’ button. It can be in training, during the Great North Run or at the finish line – we don’t mind.
Finally, you can email your picture, fundraising link and reason for running to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “I’m Running For…” in the subject line.
More from Sport
- Sunderland Head Coach Paolo Di Canio Happy With Transfer Team Effort
- Former Sunderland Midfielder Claudio Reyna Named Director Of Football At New York City Football Club
- Newcastle End Of Season Stat Attack: NUFC Had Worst Defence And Dirtiest Player
- Transfer Talk: Reported Sunderland Target Mbokani Hoping For Premier League Move
- Sky Sources: West Ham And Liverpool Agree Fee For Andy Carroll
- PFA Warning For Sunderland Boss Paolo Di Canio After Players' Complaint
- Tyne And Wear Football Team Of The Season: What Do You Think?
- Have Your Say: Newcastle United Fans' Survey 2013