Former Sunderland players Jill Scott and Steph Houghton scored as Team GB’s Women’s football team beat Cameroon 3-0.
Scott scored Team GB’s second goal and Houghton their third as Team GB secured their second consecutive victory of the Olympics.
Midfielder Scott finished off a neat passing move with a well placed finish after 22 minutes.
Defender Houghton scored inside the final ten minutes with a well placed shot from just outside the area.
Casey Stoney had opened the scoring in the 18th minute earlier when she stole in un-marked to tap in a looping free-kick.
Team GB next play against Brazil on Tuesday July 31.
- Follow The North East's Athletes At The Olympics
- St James' Olympic Security Guards Arrested
- Peterlee-Born Archer Out Of Olympic Team Event
- Cisse's Olympics Sadness
More from Sport
- Metz Striker Olivier Kemen Keen On Newcastle Switch
- Alienation And Amusement: Joe Kinnear Returns To Newcastle
- Sky Sources: Andy Carroll To Undergo West Ham Medical
- Kinnear's Transfer Dealings: 54 Players Signed - But No Frenchmen
- Newcastle Confirm Appointment Of Director Of Football Joe Kinnear
- Late Bid For Carroll? Kinnear's Newcastle Striker Hunt
- Joe Kinnear: I'm More Intelligent Than Newcastle United Fans
- Steven Taylor Backs Joe Kinnear's Newcastle Return