Sunderland and Newcastle United are set to fight over the signature of Bordeaux winger Yoan Gouffran.
Bordeaux have confirmed they will listen to any offers for the highly-rated winger.
The 26-year-old caught the eye of a number of clubs around Europe with 14 goals in an impressive season with the French side last time out.
But, Newcastle and Sunderland will face competition from Aston Villa and Everton who have als been linked with Gouffran in recent weeks.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger tried to sign him after he was part of Caen's successful promotion push to the French top-flight and was named as Ligue 2 Player of the Year.
The winger, though, chose to remain in France and eventually signed a five-year contract at Bordeaux in 2008.
But the Frenchman has yet to sign an extension and as he is able to leave for nothing next summer when his contract runs out Bordeaux are eager to cash in on their prize asset.
- Transfer Talk: Ba Happy At Newcastle
- Transfer Round-Up: Newcastle Given Carroll Hope As Sunderland Wait
- Transfer Talk: Turner Transfer Imminent
- Newcastle Given Hope Over Andy Carroll Signing
More from Sport
- Newcastle United v Arsenal Preview: NUFC 'Owe A Performance'
- Dale Benkenstein Blow For Durham County Cricket Club
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Arrives At Training Ground In Helicopter
- Sky Ride Comes To NewcastleGateshead In Summer Of 2013: Get Your Bikes Out
- Sports Direct News Apologises For Newcastle Rooney Bid Claims
- Paolo Di Canio Fires Holiday Threat At Sunderland Squad