Ajax midfielder Vurnon Anita says he will 'seriously consider' any interest from the Premier League, but is prepared to stay with the Dutch champions.
Sky Sports revealed last week that Sunderland had joined North East rivals Newcastle United in weighing up a move to bring the 23-year-old to England.
Anita would reportedly cost up to £12million and he still has two years remaining on his contract at the Amsterdam ArenA.
He admits that Ajax do not want to let him leave this summer, and he does have the prospect of UEFA Champions League football to look forward to next season.
However, Anita is keen to play in the Premier League and he confirmed he is prepared to listen to any interest in his services.
"I am going to seriously consider any interest and will discuss it with my parents," Anita told the Dutch media.
"The Premier League is a top competition where I would want to play.
"Ajax say they won't let me go, and I'm tied up here until 2014. It would be no punishment to stay, but you never know."
More from Sport
- Transfer Talk: Simon Mignolet's Agent Rubbishes Talk Of A Move
- Danny Simpson Confirms Newcastle Exit
- Newcastle Boss Alan Pardew: I'm Staying At St James' Park
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Offers £1Million Incentive To Beat Arsenal
- Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland Preview: SAFC To Play With 'Dignity'
- Newcastle United v Arsenal Preview: NUFC 'Owe A Performance'
- Dale Benkenstein Blow For Durham County Cricket Club
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban