Sky understands that North East duo Newcastle United and Sunderland have joined the chase for Manchester City starlet John Guidetti.
Although the young striker is set to have options across Europe with clubs from Italy, Spain and Germany all looking to land him.
The 20-year-old spent last season on loan in Holland and he scored 20 goals in just 23 games for Feyenoord.
Feyenoord would like him back, but Guidetti is looking to join one of Europe's top leagues.
Guidetti will return to City for pre-season training, but he is expected to depart the Etihad Stadium this summer.
Both Newcastle and Sunderland are ready to compete for Guidetti, but the interest from around Europe is huge.
The likes of Inter Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina, Sevilla and Borussia Monchengladbach are just some of the clubs looking at the impressive young Swede.
More from Sport
- Yorkshire Bank 40: Durham Lose To Hampshire By Five Wickets
- Spurs 1 - 0 Sunderland: Bale Brilliance Sinks Paolo Di Canio's Side
- Paolo Di Canio: Sunderland Would Have Gone Down Without Me
- Transfer Talk: Simon Mignolet's Agent Rubbishes Talk Of A Move
- Danny Simpson Confirms Newcastle Exit
- Newcastle Boss Alan Pardew: I'm Staying At St James' Park
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Offers £1Million Incentive To Beat Arsenal
- Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland Preview: SAFC To Play With 'Dignity'