Newcastle United's players underwent fitness tests as they returned to training ahead of the new season.
Players including Shola Ameobi, James Perch and Dan Gosling were put through their paces, while long term absentees Steven and Ryan Taylor are also undergoing pre-season preparations.
The above images, courtesy of www.nufc.co.uk, show the players in the gym and out running as they begin the road back to match fitness ahead of the 2012/13 campaign.
Newcastle have a long season ahead after finishing fifth in the Premier League which will see them compete in the UEFA Europa League and domestic competitions.
To see all the pictures from Newcastle's pre-season preparations so far, go to www.nufc.co.uk.
More from Sport
- LV= County Championship Durham CCC v Middlesex CCC: Day Two
- LV= County Championship Durham CCC v Middlesex CCC: Day One
- Sunderland End Of Season Stat Attack: SAFC Had Premier League's Most Accurate Finisher
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Backed By Board
- Transfer Talk: San Lorenzo Still Hope To Sign Newcastle United's Fabricio Coloccini
- Sunderland's Titus Bramble Tweets Goodbye To Club And Teammates
- Changing Lives Through Football: Homeless FA Comes To Sunderland
- Newcastle United No To Signing Andy Carroll