Former Newcastle and Hartlepool goalkeeper Mark Cook is on his way to Peru.
Cook, 23, had been playing for Harrogate Town in the Blue Square Bet North League.
But he has been signed by former teammate Nolberto Solano, who has taken his first football management job at struggling Peruvian giants Universitario.
The team, who play in the capital city Lima, have won the Primera Division 25 times but find themselves third from bottom this season.
Solano and Cook played together at Newcastle, where Cook was a reserve team keeper, and then at Hartlepool.
And Solano's faith in Cook has earned him a place in the squad which will try to steady the ship at Universitario - one of only three foreign players permitted in the team.
More from Sport
- LV= County Championship Durham CCC v Middlesex CCC: Day One
- Sunderland End Of Season Stat Attack: SAFC Had Premier League's Most Accurate Finisher
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Backed By Board
- Transfer Talk: San Lorenzo Still Hope To Sign Newcastle United's Fabricio Coloccini
- Sunderland's Titus Bramble Tweets Goodbye To Club And Teammates
- Changing Lives Through Football: Homeless FA Comes To Sunderland
- Newcastle United No To Signing Andy Carroll
- Sunderland Head Coach Paolo Di Canio Happy With Transfer Team Effort