Andy Carroll scored the opening goal as England beat Sweden 3-2 at Euro 2012, and says he is "100% confident" the side will advance to the knockout stages of the tournament.
Former Newcastle striker Carroll rewarded the decision to hand him a start by heading England in front on 23 minutes, but he conceded a cheap free-kick early in the second half which led to Sweden's equaliser.
Olof Mellberg then scored his second goal to put Sweden ahead, but substitute Theo Walcott levelled before setting up Danny Welbeck for a 78th minute winner.
England now require just a draw against co-hosts Ukraine on Tuesday to qualify for the quarter-finals and, when asked if he is feeling confident, Carroll replied: "100%."
The Liverpool striker was delighted to score after powerfully connecting with club colleague Steven Gerrard's pass and also praised England's spirit for battling back to win.
He said: "It's a great feeling. It was a great ball in by Stevie, I got in the middle of two defenders and put it away.
"I think we felt a little bit comfortable. Obviously, I gave a foul away and they got a goal from that, and it put us on the back foot.
"We had to work hard to win the game. Just to fight back shows the team spirit and we are all sticking together. We got the two goals we needed."
- Shearer: Andy Carroll Can Carry The Burden Of The England No9 Shirt
- Carroll, Gazza And The Great Football Boots Switcheroo
- Fans' Verdict: Carroll's Unhappy Return To St James'
More from Sport
- Yohan Cabaye Backs Newcastle's French Players To Come Good
- Newcastle's Ben Arfa: We'll Be Back Near The Top Next Season
- Newcastle's Ryan Taylor Set For Career-Saving Surgery In US
- SAFC Boss Di Canio On Connor Wickham Frustration: I Have To Slap His Face
- Newcastle Defender Mike Williamson: QPR Win Proves There's No Split
- Ready To Welcome Europe: Christine Ohuruogu Visits Gateshead Ahead Of International Games
- Sunderland's Alfred N'Diaye Impressed By Goalkeeper Simon Mignolet
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Reassures Fans On Arsenal Joke