Sky Sports understands that a number of English clubs are keeping tabs on the progress of Chad international Hassan Hissein.
The 20-year-old striker has emerged as an outstanding talent in African football over the past few seasons and his performances are believed to have attracted attention from Europe.
Newcastle, Sunderland and Liverpool have all been linked with a move for Hissein and his agent, Jonathan Hope, is now awaiting an official offer.
Hope says that his client would relish the opportunity to play in the Premier League and insists securing the necessary permit would not be a problem.
"Whilst out in business in the Congo I have found a player who has caught the attention of Newcastle, Sunderland and Liverpool," Hope said.
"Hassan has already had 186 appearances for the first team and scored a whopping 105 goals.
"I met with the player and after agreeing a representation contract I will be putting the lad to Europe whilst I await an official offer.
"The 20-year-old international is a very special talent and we would have no need to obtain a work permit as he has an EU passport.
"He is a full international and he would love the chance to play in England."
- Transfer Talk: Marquee Signings For Sunderland?
- Elmohamady Looking For A Way Out?
- Transfer Talk: Celtic Close In On Forster Deal
- Transfer Talk: Another Senegal Striker?
More from Sport
- Newcastle United No To Signing Andy Carroll
- Sunderland Head Coach Paolo Di Canio Happy With Transfer Team Effort
- Former Sunderland Midfielder Claudio Reyna Named Director Of Football At New York City Football Club
- Newcastle End Of Season Stat Attack: NUFC Had Worst Defence And Dirtiest Player
- Transfer Talk: Reported Sunderland Target Mbokani Hoping For Premier League Move
- Sky Sources: West Ham And Liverpool Agree Fee For Andy Carroll
- PFA Warning For Sunderland Boss Paolo Di Canio After Players' Complaint
- Tyne And Wear Football Team Of The Season: What Do You Think?