Even at 90 years old, Jake LaMotta knows how to play for the crowd.
LaMotta would only appear four times throughout the country and appeared at the Lancastrian Suite in Dunston.
And in a rare interview, ‘Raging Bull’ LaMotta spoke about his career highlights and the film that added to his fame.
Robert De Niro played LaMotta in the film that tracked his career.
LaMotta has also finished work on Raging Bull II which is both a prequel and sequel to the first film.
He had a prolific career at both middleweight and light heavyweight winning 83 of his 106 fights over 13 years.
- Bantamweight Boxer Aims For British Belt
- Up Close: In A Boxer's Corner On Fight Night
- Ringside Action: Pro Boxing Returns To Tyneside
Did you ever see Jake LaMotta fight?
More from Sport
- Steven Fletcher Fitness Boost For Sunderland Head Coach Paolo Di Canio
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew: I'm Going Nowhere
- Newcastle And Sunderland's 2013/14 League Fixtures Announced
- Transfer Talk: Newcastle United Pulled Out Of Douglas Deal By Joe Kinnear
- Badge Of Honour? Sunderland Boss's Dig At Rivals While Meeting President
- Free Travel Offered To Away Fans On Derby Day
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland Chase PSV Keeper Jereon Zoet
- Metz Striker Olivier Kemen Keen On Newcastle Switch