Olympic gold medallists Mo Farah and Greg Rutherford will compete at the Great North CityGames on the Gateshead Quayside on Saturday September 15.
Farah will run in a two-mile international guest race and will face competition from Portuguese Olympic 1,500m bronze medallist Rui Silva.
Rutherford will compete in the team event representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland which will take on a group from America.
The long jumper will face competition from Olympic triple jump champion Christian Taylor in Rutherford’s specialist event.
American Olympic triple jump silver medallist and long jump bronze medallist Will Claye will also take part in the CityGames against Taylor and Rutherford alongside Chris Tomlinson who shares the UK long jump record with GB teammate Rutherford.
Elsewhere Team USA include reigning world 110m hurdles title holder and Olympic silver medallist Jason Richardson, former world champion distance runner Bernard Lagat and Wallace Spearmon, who narrowly missed out on the Olympic 200m bronze medal this summer.
Team GB include sprinters Maron Devonish, Christian Malcolm and Dwain Chambers in their team.
There are fewer women’s events at this year’s event and Team GB have named only nine athletes across four disciplines.
In the ‘Mile’ event Hannah England will defend her CityGames title against World Champion Jenny Simpson.
Video: Greg Rutherford on the Great North CityGames and Olympic legacy
The World Indoor pole vault bronze medallist and Olympic finalist faces team USA’s Mary Saxer.
Now entering its fifth year, the Great North CityGames is part of a weekend acts as a curtain raiser alongside the new Bupa Great North 5k, the Bupa Junior and Mini Great North Run.
The main event of the weekend, the Bupa Great North Run event starts at 10:10am on Sunday September 16.
100m: Calesio Newman, Darvis Patton.
150m: Ryan Bailey, Wallace Spearmon.
110m hurdles: Jason Richardson, Ryan Wilson.
Mile: Daniel Clark, Bernard Lagat, Jordan McNamara,
Long Jump: Will Claye, Christian Taylor.
100m: Mikele Barber, Bianca Knight.
150m: Jeneba Tarmoh, Charanda Williams.
Mile: Brenda Martinez, Anna Pierce, Shannon Rowbury, Jenny Simpson.
Pole Vault: April Bennett, Mary Saxer.
100m: Dwain Chambers, James Dasaolu.
150m: Marlon Devonish, Christian Malcolm.
110mH: Alex Al Ameen, Lawrence Clarke.
Mile: James Brewer, Andy Baddeley, Mukhtar Mohammed, Andrewe Osagie.
Long Jump: Greg Rutherford, Chris Tomlinson.
100m: Anyika Onuora, Hayley Jones.
150m: Margaret Adeoye.
Mile: Julia Bleasdale, Hannah England, Jessica Judd.Jemma Simpson.
Pole Vault: Holly Bleasdale, Katie Byres.
- New Twins Leave Mo Farah Too Tired For The Great North Run
- Olympic Gold Medallist Inspires Newcastle Youngsters
- Your Amazing Bupa Great North Run Stories: Promote Your Great Cause
- Running Alongside Tony The Fridge
- On The Road To The Great North Run: A Training Diary
More from Other Sport
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Sky Ride Comes To NewcastleGateshead In Summer Of 2013: Get Your Bikes Out
- Ready To Welcome Europe: Christine Ohuruogu Visits Gateshead Ahead Of International Games
- Marathon Mistake: Only One Competitor In Marathon Of The North Completed Full Distance
- Running Properly? Tips On Technique From Newcastle Fitness Instructors
- Marathon Of The North: Boston Bombing Victims Honoured
- Marathon Of The North Up And Running
- Boxing Highlights: Jon-Lewis Dickinson Defends British Cruiserweight Title For Second Time
Related tags: Sport
- Paolo Di Canio: Sunderland Would Have Gone Down Without Me
- Transfer Talk: Simon Mignolet's Agent Rubbishes Talk Of A Move
- Danny Simpson Confirms Newcastle Exit
- Newcastle Boss Alan Pardew: I'm Staying At St James' Park
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Offers £1Million Incentive To Beat Arsenal
- Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland Preview: SAFC To Play With 'Dignity'
- Newcastle United v Arsenal Preview: NUFC 'Owe A Performance'
- Dale Benkenstein Blow For Durham County Cricket Club
Related tags: Other
- Jon-Lewis Dickinson And Glenn Foot Wow The Crowds At Rainton Meadows Arena
- Geordie Racer: Matt Bell Gearing Up For New Motorsport Season
- Newcastle Gymnastics Prodigy Tulani Hlalo Competes At British Championships
- Team GB Athlete Perri Shakes-Drayton Comes To Gateshead...And Raps
- Sky Sports Living For Sport North East Winner: Emma Barnwell
- Weightlifting For Girls: North East Club Fighting 'Massive Misconceptions'
- Futsal Gets North East Foothold: Dean Gordon Launches Sunderland League
- Boxing Is His Business: Mark Clauzel's Life In And Out Of The Ring