A one-armed former golf champion is encouraging disabled people from across the North East to get involved in the sport at the first event of its kind in the region.
27 year-old Darren Grey, who was the One-Armed World Champion in 2010, is helping promote the Golf North show on Teesside, which includes a disability golf area.
Darren said: “Golf is something I do every day, and people are always surprised when they see me teeing off using one-arm.
"It is something which will take time to grow in popularity but if we can raise awareness then all the better.”
Video: Find out what else will be on at the Golf North Show
Les Dixon, who is also helping to organise the event said: "We think this is a unique opportunity for people to get involved.
"There are up to 200,000 people with an interest in golf but who have never had the chance to play. We just want people to have a go because it is a great sport."
The Golf North Show is being held on October 19 to October 21 at Middlesbrough Football Club.
- Famous Faces Tee Off For Great North Air Ambulance
- Teeing Off To Raise Money For The Alan Shearer Foundation
- Shearer: Carroll Should Come Back If He Can
- John Beresford: Bring On Chelsea
- McCrory Gives The Fairways A Good Pounding
- Tyne And Wear School Children Go For Gold
- Buist: Signings Show The Falcons Are Ambitious
- Beefy And Daley Swing By For Cram's Charity Golf Day
- The Tyne And Wear Games: Kids Get Competitive
More from Other Sport
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Sky Ride Comes To NewcastleGateshead In Summer Of 2013: Get Your Bikes Out
- Ready To Welcome Europe: Christine Ohuruogu Visits Gateshead Ahead Of International Games
- Marathon Mistake: Only One Competitor In Marathon Of The North Completed Full Distance
- Running Properly? Tips On Technique From Newcastle Fitness Instructors
- Marathon Of The North: Boston Bombing Victims Honoured
- Marathon Of The North Up And Running
- Boxing Highlights: Jon-Lewis Dickinson Defends British Cruiserweight Title For Second Time
Related tags: Sport
- Ryan Donaldson Leaves Gateshead For Cambridge United
- RFU Championship Playoff Final First Leg: Bedford Blues 9-18 Newcastle Falcons
- Is Alan Pardew Still The Right Man For The Job At Newcastle United? Opinion Poll
- LV= County Championship Durham CCC v Middlesex CCC: Day Two
- LV= County Championship Durham CCC v Middlesex CCC: Day One
- Sunderland End Of Season Stat Attack: SAFC Had Premier League's Most Accurate Finisher
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Backed By Board
- Transfer Talk: San Lorenzo Still Hope To Sign Newcastle United's Fabricio Coloccini
Related tags: Other
- Jon-Lewis Dickinson And Glenn Foot Wow The Crowds At Rainton Meadows Arena
- Geordie Racer: Matt Bell Gearing Up For New Motorsport Season
- Newcastle Gymnastics Prodigy Tulani Hlalo Competes At British Championships
- Team GB Athlete Perri Shakes-Drayton Comes To Gateshead...And Raps
- Sky Sports Living For Sport North East Winner: Emma Barnwell
- Weightlifting For Girls: North East Club Fighting 'Massive Misconceptions'
- Futsal Gets North East Foothold: Dean Gordon Launches Sunderland League
- Boxing Is His Business: Mark Clauzel's Life In And Out Of The Ring