An ambulance was called after a man trying to break a weightlifting world record collapsed.
David Graham was trying to deadlift the weight of almost six Boeing 747’s in 24 hours.
Graham lifted 400,000kg by 7am when he collapsed and was taken to hospital as a precaution.
He was attempting the record, which stands at 475,065kg, with two other men to raise money for Help For Heroes in the process.
Dan Cupit lifted 300,000kg and Robert McBriar managed 282,240kg before bowing out.
Cupit told Sky Tyne and Wear: “Things did not go to plan but it is not a world record for no reason.
“Slowly it eats away at your back and your legs start to go.
“By the early hours of the morning when it is just you and it is dark, it becomes really hard.”
The trio have so far raised £3,000 for the charity which helps injured soldiers.
You can donate by visiting www.deadliftchallenge.com.
What challenge should they try next?
More from Other Sport
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Sky Ride Comes To NewcastleGateshead In Summer Of 2013: Get Your Bikes Out
- Ready To Welcome Europe: Christine Ohuruogu Visits Gateshead Ahead Of International Games
- Marathon Mistake: Only One Competitor In Marathon Of The North Completed Full Distance
- Running Properly? Tips On Technique From Newcastle Fitness Instructors
- Marathon Of The North: Boston Bombing Victims Honoured
- Marathon Of The North Up And Running
- Boxing Highlights: Jon-Lewis Dickinson Defends British Cruiserweight Title For Second Time
Related tags: Sport
- Changing Lives Through Football: Homeless FA Comes To Sunderland
- LV= County Championship Durham CCC v Middlesex CCC: Day One
- Newcastle United No To Signing Andy Carroll
- Sunderland Head Coach Paolo Di Canio Happy With Transfer Team Effort
- Former Sunderland Midfielder Claudio Reyna Named Director Of Football At New York City Football Club
- Sunderland End Of Season Stat Attack: SAFC Had Premier League's Most Accurate Finisher
- Newcastle End Of Season Stat Attack: NUFC Had Worst Defence And Dirtiest Player
- Transfer Talk: Reported Sunderland Target Mbokani Hoping For Premier League Move
Related tags: Other
- Jon-Lewis Dickinson And Glenn Foot Wow The Crowds At Rainton Meadows Arena
- Geordie Racer: Matt Bell Gearing Up For New Motorsport Season
- Newcastle Gymnastics Prodigy Tulani Hlalo Competes At British Championships
- Team GB Athlete Perri Shakes-Drayton Comes To Gateshead...And Raps
- Sky Sports Living For Sport North East Winner: Emma Barnwell
- Weightlifting For Girls: North East Club Fighting 'Massive Misconceptions'
- Futsal Gets North East Foothold: Dean Gordon Launches Sunderland League
- Boxing Is His Business: Mark Clauzel's Life In And Out Of The Ring