Two schoolgirls were raped at a house where vulnerable youngsters were taken advantage of by foreign students, a court heard.
A 14-year-old victim was held down by Abu Sufian, 21, and Raabsan Khan, 19, while Ferdoush Hasan, 22, raped her in February 2012, it is claimed.
Newcastle Crown Court heard the sex attack was just days after another girl, who was also 14, was raped by Hasan alone.
All three men, all of Ocean Road, South Shields, deny a joint charge of rape.
Hasan denies a second, solo, charge.
Prosecutor Anne Richardson told the court the attacks happened at a house at Beaufront Terrace, South Shields, where the trio, who were all students at South Tyneside College, were living.
Miss Richardson told jurors: "The crown's case is these defendants took advantage of young girls who were vulnerable, who were drinking alcohol and smoking although underage and who came to the defendant's house in order to have somewhere to do both of those things.
"No doubt you will take a fairly dim view of that and wonder what on earth young girls like this are doing in a house with men older than them, who speak little English and they had no friendly relations.
"The crown's case is precisely because these girls were vulnerable and somewhat foolish and naïve, the defendants felt they could act in the way the crown alleges.
"Basically, these girls could be used for sex and either they would not say anything for fear of getting into trouble or if they did say anything, the circumstances and background and how they came to be in the house would mean nobody would believe them."
The court heard the first attack was in early February last year when the alleged victim turned up at the house with friends after drinking a half litre of vodka.
The girl told police "all of the males were dark skinned, just lying on the beds in that room".
It is claimed Hasan led the girl to a room in a different part of the house from where everyone had gathered and raped her.
Miss Richardson told the court: "She was trying to push him off to no avail as her arms were pinned down by his hands."
The second alleged victim had also gone to the house with friends.
Miss Richardson said: "Effectively it was just somewhere to sit when it was cold."
It is claimed the girl, who refused the men's offer of alcohol but was smoking cigarettes, ended up left alone with the trio during the visit.
Miss Richardson said: "Two of them grabbed hold of her arms, one on either side, and held her down."
All three men deny the claims against them.
The trial continues.
- South Shields Stabbing: Man Charged With Attempted Murder Of His Father
- Hannah Smith Suicide: South Shields Teens Campaign To Close Ask FM
- Homeless Ex-Soldier Spends Night In Tyneside Shed During Charity Trek
More from News
- Rescued From The Tip: Pop Up Shop In North Shields Sells Discarded Items
- Woman Arrested After Man Stabbed In The Neck In Hebburn
- Meet Our Nine-Year-Old Mini Weather Reporter Kitty Southern
- Public Ignore Beach Closure Signs At Tynemouth To See Coastal Flood Damage
- Droopy-Faced Flasher Exposed Himself In Front Of Two Teenage Girls
- Thieving Foster Son Stole £4,000 From Family That Took Him Into Their Home
- Ambulance For Girl, 17, As Newcastle Fans Cause Disorder At Services On M62
- Mum Battered Her Pal After Their Daughters Fell Out At Sleepover