Newcastle United striker Papiss Cisse and his girlfriend Rachelle Graham have come under attack online after racist comments were posted on a website.
Miss England hopeful Rachelle Graham, who is Miss Newcastle 2012, was alerted to the website Chimpmania.com by her mum who was astonished at the language used describing her daughter and the Newcastle striker.
Most of the comments made on the website are too vile to report but Miss Graham was described as a 'despicable race traitor xxxxx' by bigots who disparaged her bid to raise money for charity by skydiving from 13,000 feet.
Speaking exclusively to Sky Tyne and Wear Rachelle, 21, said: “It is horrific. The website targets the pair of us because I am white and Papiss is black.
“Some of it is really threatening. I don’t understand why people would say these things, especially as Papiss is such a nice guy.
“I guess we just have to ignore it and move on.”
Cisse, 27, scored the only goal for Newcastle in Thursday's Europa League quarter final clash with Benfica - and hit the post twice.
Rachelle said her mum had reported the website to the police.
More from News
- Tynemouth Man Shared Prison Cell With Nelson Mandela: "He Was A Comrade And Friend"
- Warnings To The Public As High Seas Return To Batter The East Coast
- Cruel Attacker Who Left Toddler Disabled Is Caught Working In Toys R Us
- Con Woman Who Preys On OAPs Is Behind Bars After Second Cruel Fraud
- Flood Aftermath In Dunston: 'We Got Lucky'
- Mandela's Death Mourned In Tynemouth By Former Political Ally And Friend
- Respect Ride For Tragic Cyclist David Robert James Who Was Killed In Gateshead
- Devastated Family Of 10 Pay Tribute To Crash Victim Lewis Dickson, 21