Newcastle United striker Papiss Cisse and his girlfriend Rachelle Graham have come under attack online after racist comments were posted on a website.
Miss England hopeful Rachelle Graham, who is Miss Newcastle 2012, was alerted to the website Chimpmania.com by her mum who was astonished at the language used describing her daughter and the Newcastle striker.
Most of the comments made on the website are too vile to report but Miss Graham was described as a 'despicable race traitor xxxxx' by bigots who disparaged her bid to raise money for charity by skydiving from 13,000 feet.
Speaking exclusively to Sky Tyne and Wear Rachelle, 21, said: “It is horrific. The website targets the pair of us because I am white and Papiss is black.
“Some of it is really threatening. I don’t understand why people would say these things, especially as Papiss is such a nice guy.
“I guess we just have to ignore it and move on.”
Cisse, 27, scored the only goal for Newcastle in Thursday's Europa League quarter final clash with Benfica - and hit the post twice.
Rachelle said her mum had reported the website to the police.
More from News
- Cruel Attacker Who Left Toddler Disabled Is Caught Working In Toys R Us
- SIEGE UPDATE: Woman Hostage Is Released And Knife Suspect, 28, Arrested
- Knifeman Threatens Police During Armed Siege In North Tyneside
- Police Close Street In Brunswick Village Amid Reports Of Armed Siege
- Severe Weather Warnings: Storm Surge To Return With Next High Tide
- Hatem Ben Arfa Given Driving Ban For Speeding Offence
- Roof Ripped Off Home As Gale Force Winds Tear Through North East
- Lorry Over On Bridge, Planes Abort Landings And Trees Down As Gales Hit