A teenager has admitted raping a 15-year-old girl three times at knifepoint during a 90-minute attack in the Elswick area of Newcastle.
Abdul Miah, 19, from Hull Street in Elswick appeared at the city's Crown Court via video link and pleaded guilty to three counts of rape and one of robbery.
He attacked his victim on waste ground in Elswick, in Newcastle's West End, on December 18 2012.
He denied kidnap, false imprisonment, making threats to kill and having an offensive weapon but admitted carrying a bladed article.
Katherine Dunn, prosecuting, said those not guilty pleas were acceptable as it was not in the public interest to make the victim go through a trial.
Judge James Goss, the Recorder of Newcastle, will sentence him the week commencing April 15.
The judge told Miah: "The pleas have been accepted so there will be no trial in respect of those counts in which you have pleaded not guilty.
"I am told there is no issue in relation to the facts of the case as described by the complainant and you will be sentenced on that basis.
"As you will understand, these are very serious crimes that you have committed and admitted."
He adjourned the case to allow for reports to be prepared in relation to the risk Miah poses, and other matters.
More from News
- Simonside Challenge Soapbox Derby: Wacky Races In Northumberland
- Fasten Your Seatbelts: Rally Event Aims To Bring Motorsport To Sunderland
- Police Release John 'The Badge' Roberts Reconstruction Video And Help Plea
- Meet The North East Beauty Queens Fighting For The Miss England Crown
- Tragedy To Triumph: Inspirational Story Of ‘Britain’s Best Groomed Man’
- Drugs Cash And Suspected Stolen Property Seized In Police Raids As 18 Arrested
- Petrol Attack On Newcastle Man In His Own Home
- From The Mouths Of Babes: The Truth About Toddler Talk