Police are trying to trace a woman who witnessed an assault on a taxi passenger that left him needing hospital treatment.
It happened between midnight and 1am on Saturday October 20, when a cab driver got into a dispute with his passenger over a fare on West Farm Avenue, opposite the Oxford Centre in Longbenton.
The passenger was assaulted when he got out of the taxi and suffered a hand injury that needed hospital treatment.
A 28-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault and bailed pending further enquiries.
Police are trying to trace a woman who became involved and may have information about exactly what happened.
She has straight, collar-length dark hair and was wearing a brown jacket with a bright pink top.
Police are asking the woman to come forward, and want any other witnesses to get in touch on 101 ext 69191 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
More from News
- The Hardest Workout Ever? We Try Male Pole Dancing
- Tyne And Wear Dance-Off: Mackem Mover Vs Geordie Groover
- EDL And Anti-Fascists March Through Newcastle City Centre
- Ambulance Needed On Fitness Guru's South Shields Booze Blow Out
- Nile Ranger Sentenced To Unpaid Work For Assaulting Girlfriend
- New Appeal For Convicted Sister Killer After Prison 'Confession'
- Lucky The Lamb Home For Easter After Police Foil Sheep Theft
- Explosive Alliance: Live Ammunition Training For British And French Troops