Police are investigating claims Jimmy Savile sexually assaulted a woman in Newcastle.
The report was made to Lothian Police, who have passed on a statement to the Metropolitan Police.
The alleged victim, from Edinburgh, is one of two women to have approached the Scottish force with a complaint about the disgraced entertainer.
Detectives have also searched a holiday cottage in Allt na Reigh, Glencoe, which belonged to Savile for "any evidence of any others being involved in any offending with him".
Savile is said to have entertained a number of celebrities at the cottage.
A Lothian and Borders Police spokesman said: "Two disclosures have been made to Lothian and Borders Police, one of which was in relation to an historical incident that happened in Edinburgh, and the other to an historical incident that happened in the Newcastle area.
"Full details have been provided to the Metropolitan Police, and support is being offered to the women concerned."
They said the inquiry into his abuse would be a "watershed" investigation into sex crime.
The force is now dealing with around 300 potential victims, of whom all except two are women.
- Jimmy Savile Out Of Great North Run Hall Of Fame
- Sir Jimmy Savile's Final Fix-It?
- O'Neill Upset At 'Wish You Were Dead' Taylor Chants
More from News
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career
- Foghorn Requiem: Lighthouse Tunes Up For Festival Of North East
- Lee Halpin Documentary Death: Friends Vow To Finish His Film
- Blistered Molly: Teachers By Day, Rockers By Night
- The Jessica Biel Look: Makeup Artist To The Stars Working On Wearside
- Has He Found Love? Catching Up With Undateables Star Steve Carruthers
- Rebuilding The Past: Historic Aircraft Resurrected On Tyneside
- Is The Ouseburn Valley The Coolest Place In Newcastle?