Ghostly goings on or just a draft? The Lit and Phil Library in Newcastle city centre may have had an early visitor for Halloween.
They posted on Facebook: "Slightly spooky goings on in the library today... The Fire Exit door alarm went off this morning and upon closer investigation we discovered this on CCTV... what do you think about what happens 10 seconds in?
"Today started as a normal Thursday, nothing unusual or untoward, everyone just getting on with what they had to get on with. Suddenly an alarm goes off! The peace is shattered. Someone has gone through the alarmed fire exit in the Loftus Room.
"We check the CCTV footage. The door opens BUT NO ONE IS THERE."
There has long been reports of ghostly goings-on at the library, founded in 1825. The spirits are all said to be linked to the library - either an employee or a society member at some point.
The sounds of pages being turned and footsteps when there is noone around have been reported by various witnesses.
Ghost-hunts regularly take place at the library, hosted by Ghost North East.
- Halloween Fears: What Are Children Most Scared Of?
- Police Warn Parents Not To Let Kids Trick Or Treat Alone
- City Welcomes The Return Of The Roker Lights
- Video Nasty: Dive Bombing Rogue Seagull
Send us your pictures of ghosts or other spooky goings on
More from News
- Washington Fraudster Faces Jail After Playing Rugby With £923,000 'Wrist Injury'
- Brother And Sister's Plea To Missing Newcastle University Student Jason Fyles
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- T&C Win Evolution Tickets: Why I Love Evolution
- Missing Student Jason Fyles: Family Appeal For Teenager To Get In Touch
- Missing Student Jason Fyles: Growing Concern As Bank Account Untouched
- State Of Nature: Report Warns Of Threat To North East Wildlife
- Boy Aged 10 Airlifted To Hospital After Being Hit By Car In South Shields