Newcastle United is considering taking civil action against two football fans who admitted streaking at St James's Park.
The two men entered the field of play during Newcastle’s UEFA Europa League matches against Atromitos and Bordeaux.
Both individuals, 21-year-old Steven Arkle and 35-year-old John Parkinson from Rotherham, admitted public order offences but disputed a banning order against them.
The case has been adjourned until December.
Steve Storey, Newcastle United Head of Security, said: "I'm pleased they pleaded guilty and we at the club hope that they receive strong sentences.
"It is not just to punish them but also to act as a deterrent to others. People who think that selfishly running on the pitch is fun or funny should realise it is not. It's a criminal offence which disrupts the game.
"It offends thousands of people inside the stadium, particularly when they run on naked. It's beamed live throughout Europe and it has brought embarrassment to the club given it's the first time we've been back in Europe for many years.
Newcastle United has already been fined 7,000 euros by UEFA for the first incident but is expecting a bigger penalty for the second streak.
"We will be actively seeking compensation through the court for the financial penalty imposed by UEFA and we are taking legal advice to consider taking civil action against both men.
"The club are really disappointed that these two, who are not season ticket holders or members of the club, decided to carry out these acts.
"We hope that these two cases and the strong action the court and the Club are taking against both men, acts as a warning to anyone else who might consider doing similar in the future."
More from News
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career
- Foghorn Requiem: Lighthouse Tunes Up For Festival Of North East
- Lee Halpin Documentary Death: Friends Vow To Finish His Film
- Blistered Molly: Teachers By Day, Rockers By Night
- The Jessica Biel Look: Makeup Artist To The Stars Working On Wearside
- Has He Found Love? Catching Up With Undateables Star Steve Carruthers
- Rebuilding The Past: Historic Aircraft Resurrected On Tyneside
- Is The Ouseburn Valley The Coolest Place In Newcastle?