A doctor has been cleared of sexually assaulting two schoolgirls during a fireworks show and asking them to have a foursome with him and his 11-year-old son.
Niaz Ahmed, an anaesthetist at South Tyneside District Hospital, was accused of targeting two girls - aged 15 and 16 - during a fireworks display in South Tyneside on Bonfire Night 2011.
Newcastle Crown Court heard Mr Ahmed, of Broadlands, Cleadon, touched the girls after approaching them during the event on November 5.
He has been cleared of groping two teenage girls and told how he feels he has been the victim of a prosecution witchunt.
Anaesthetist Niaz Ahmed was accused of making lewd comments and gestures to the 15 and 16-year-old before sexually assaulting them at a South Tyneside firework display last November.
The 53-year-old denied sexual assault and engaging in sexual activity with a child during a four day trial at Newcastle Crown Court and was cleared after just over an hour deliberation by a jury.
Speaking after the not guilty verdicts Ahmed said the prosecution against him set out to completely destroy his character and claimed he was "victim of circumstances."
Ahmed, who worked at South Tyneside District Hospital for 10 years, had stopped working due to health problems but was suspended by the General Medical Council (GMC) once the allegations against him were made.
The married medic is now hoping to get back to work and hopes to get his life back.
He said after the hearing: "I told them from the beginning I felt grossly, unfairly done to.
"I was the victim of circumstances."
More from News
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallies Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- ¡Vamos! 2013: Burundanga And Hannahbiell Warm Up For Festival
- Maker Faire UK: Fire-Breathing Dragons And Pole-Dancing Robots
- Coach Crash And Building Collapse: Terrorism And Disaster Live Exercise
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career
- Foghorn Requiem: Lighthouse Tunes Up For Festival Of North East
- Lee Halpin Documentary Death: Friends Vow To Finish His Film