Three people have been arrested after masked men kicked in the door of a working men's club and started a fire inside.
It happened at 12:17am on Friday October 19 at the Ex Service and Working Mens' Club in Station Road, Wallsend.
Curtains inside the building were set alight and initial investigations suggest an accelerant was used.
The fire was put out quickly, limiting the damage.
No-one was in the building at the time and no one was injured.
Police say they are keen to speak to anyone who saw a black Citroen car in the area around the time of the attack.
Three men aged 59, 64 and 30 have been arrested in connection with the incident.
A fire investigation is continuing.
Anyone with any information should contact Northumbria Police on 101 ext 69191 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
More from News
- Shannen Steinson Is Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- Tyne Tees Models Strut Their Stuff At Intu Eldon Square Fashion Show
- students mind
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban
- Northumbria University Graduation Ball Illness Thought To Be Norovirus
- Pictures: Meet The Finalists Hoping To Be Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- 'Actor' Love Rat Conned Sunderland Woman Out Of Her Life Savings
- Skydiving: 'Always Terrifying' According To Newcastle Academics