Around eighty participants crossed the river from the Stadium of Light to a landing point at Liebherr Great Britain Ltd.
It's the second year the ‘Zip Wear’ event has been held.
“We are hoping to do the event next year as well.”
The Foundation of Light engages with more than 42,000 people each year and is financially independent of Sunderland AFC.
Miss Sunderland 2012 winner Rebecca Mason was among those taking part, raising money for Help for Heroes.
She said: “Troops go out to fight for our country so I thought it was an excellent opportunity to give something back.”
- Bear Grylls' Giant Leap From Tyne Bridge
- O'Neill, Quinn And McClean Take A Ride
- Deadlift Drama: Ambulance Called As Challenge Goes Wrong
- Sunderland Fans: Watch James Bond With Your Heroes
- Graduating With Sunderland: Sir Bob Murray's Return
- The Top Scorers At Sunderland
- Sunderland Dry Spell Not A Worry
More from News
- Shoe Mirror Peeping Tom Caught 'Perving' On Woman At Swimming Baths
- Residents’ Heartbreak As Sunderland Estate Floods Again
- Extra Police Patrols After Woman Is Raped Near Newcastle College
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- LIVE BLOG: Flood Alert For Newcastle Quayside And Severe Weather Warning
- LIVE BLOG HTML: Flood Alert For Newcastle Quayside And Severe Weather Warning
- Kung Fu, Tai Chi And Karate Masters The Shaolin Warriors Wow Wearside
- Newcastle Chinatown Waiters High Kicked Troublemakers 'Like Bruce Lee Extras'