Former Newcastle United striker Alan Shearer and X Factor winner Joe McElderry have announced a special charity gala in memory of Sir Bobby Robson.
Sir Bobby Robson – A Celebration will take place at The Sage Gateshead on 18 February 2013 – what would have been the former Newcastle manager’s 80th birthday.
It will feature Sir Bobby’s ‘Desert Island Discs’ and favourite music performed by artists including the Northern Sinfonia and The Unthanks.
Comedians Paul Whitehouse and Simon Day will also perform.
The event will be hosted by Jim Rosenthal and will feature famous football figures, including England manager Roy Hodgson.
The event had originally been due to take place in 2009, but had to be postponed due to Sir Bobby Robson’s alling health.
That year, Sir Bobby gave some of his final ever interviews to the event organisers, and they will be played during the gala.
Money raised from the event will go to The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation which funds projects that directly benefit cancer patients from across the North East and Cumbria.
- Journalist Swims Tyne Over Pardew Twitter Wager
- Bobby Robson Used As 'Pawn' in Hillsborough Cover-Up
- Running Alongside Tony The Fridge
- Bike For Bobby: The Theme Tune
- 24-Hour Charity Match For Sir Bobby Robson Cancelled Due To Torrential Rain
- First In Europe: Newcastle’s New Cancer Fighting Machine
- Sir Bobby Robson: Life In Pictures
- Joe McElderry’s Dirty Dancing Grand Finale
More from News
- T&C Win Evolution Tickets: Why I Love Evolution
- Missing Student Jason Fyles: Family Appeal For Teenager To Get In Touch
- Missing Student Jason Fyles: Growing Concern As Bank Account Untouched
- State Of Nature: Report Warns Of Threat To North East Wildlife
- Boy Aged 10 Airlifted To Hospital After Being Hit By Car In South Shields
- Ann Summers Party Ends In Violence
- Police Appeal For Information On Missing Newcastle University Student Jason Fyles
- Sports Direct Sign On Newcastle's St James' Park Roof Painted Over