Newcastle United’s club store has started stocking costumes of new superhero Whey Aye Man.
The club website claims the character has the “speed of Hatem Ben Arfa, the strength of Shola Ameobi and the reflexes of Tim Krul.”
The store has started selling a range on unusual costumes such as the ‘NUFC Toon Tottie’ dress and an ‘Adult Onesie.’
Newcastle United’s head of retail Stuart Middlemiss said: “They’ve been a real success.
“We’ve got a good strong retail team here who come up with ideas on how best to engage with our fans, so we’re always coming up with new ideas.”
The superhero costume is one of many different products on sale at the club shop.
Stuart added: “That’s one of our targets, we’ll look for anything that currently hasn’t got a badge and we’ll put one on it.”
Some of the stranger items for sale in the store include Newcastle United soil improver, twin-blade razors and garden gnomes.
Stuart said: “I don’t know who’s buying them or what they look like, but they’re buying hundreds and thousands of gnomes.”
The club have also considered introducing Newcastle United coffins.
Stuart added: “If that’s something in their last respects or dying wishes, that they want to be in a Newcastle United environment, then that’s something that we will look at.
“We try to cater from cradle to grave.”
Would you dare wear Whey Aye Man costume? We’re looking for two Newcastle united fans to dress up in the costume and take to the streets tomorrow for our friends at Sky Sports. Tweet us @skytyneandwear if you are interested.
- Would You Wear The Newcastle United ‘Onesie’?
- NUFC Lingerie At NE1’s Newcastle Fashion Week
- The Miss Newcastle Finalist And The Beautiful Game
- Europa League Preview: Newcastle v Bordeaux
More from News
- Car Park Capers: Nesting Seagull Picks Empty Bay At Train Station
- Fresh Start For Unemployed And Ex-Offenders At Charity Cafe
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallies Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- ¡Vamos! 2013: Burundanga And Hannahbiell Warm Up For Festival
- Maker Faire UK: Fire-Breathing Dragons And Pole-Dancing Robots
- Coach Crash And Building Collapse: Terrorism And Disaster Live Exercise
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career