Internet sensations May Arcade have scored two million hits for their Geordie version of Call Me Maybe - and inspired their first tribute song.
The tribute to their tribute song was posted online as the cousins celebrated their two millionth online view of Call me Da'lin.
Recorded by a mother and daughter singing along as they are driving, it repeats the cheeky line: "Here, I just met you like, and this is mental - here's me number, so giz a ring will ya pet?"
Zoe, from Cornwall, tweeted the Jarrow lasses to say: "This is a video of me and my mum singing call me darlin in the car;) we love you! heheh!x #Arcaders."
The cousins, Leanne Orr and Sophie Vaughan, both 24, replied: "We love this!! haha well done!! x"
They have since been into the recording studio to tape a version of their own song 'Bad Love', which will be released by Christmas.
Call Me Maybe has been covered by artists from Katy Perry to Nickelback to Crystal Palace Football Club, and even got Olympic approval, when the US swimming team recorded their own video to the song.
Sophie and Leanne have been playing guitar for the last four years and started writing together a year ago.
As well as covers, they write their own music and have played numerous gigs at pubs and events around the region.
More from News
- Newcastle Primary Teachers Win Outstanding School Team Of The Year
- NE1’s Newcastle Fashion Week: Royal Wedding Catwalk
- Shannen Steinson Is Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- Tyne Tees Models Strut Their Stuff At Intu Eldon Square Fashion Show
- students mind
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban
- Northumbria University Graduation Ball Illness Thought To Be Norovirus
- Pictures: Meet The Finalists Hoping To Be Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013