An elderly woman is fighting for her life in hospital after she was hit by a double-decker bus in Newcastle city centre.
The 67-year-old from South Shields was knocked down in Grainger Street, near to Greggs, at 10.47am on Monday, September 24, Northumbria Police confirmed.
She was taken to Newcastle’s RVI to be treated for head injuries.
A police spokesman said: "Her condition is described as potentially serious."
Anyone who witnessed the incident is urged to contact the Road Safety Unit at Etal Lane Police Station by calling 101.
More from News
- Man Arrested After Rooftop Protest In Sunderland
- Northern Chords Festival Brings World's Best Classical Talent To Sage Gateshead
- Wallsend Man Attacked By Gang With Hammer And Baseball Bat
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- Boss Faces Jail After Swan Hunter Shipyard Worker Killed By Falling Girder
- Former Newcastle Striker Joe Allon Launches Dementia Awareness Week
- 18 Sunderland Fans In Court Accused Of West Ham Match Day Violence
- Unsolved Crimes In South Tyneside: Police Release CCTV