A man has been arrested after a car was driven at a police officer, clipping him with the wing mirror.
It happened in the Greenside area of Gateshead just before 6.20pm on Friday September 21.
The officer saw a man he wanted to speak to and indicated to him to get out of the car.
As the officer approached the vehicle, it's claimed the man drove towards him, causing minor injuries as the wing mirror hit him.
A Northumbria Police spokesperson said the officer did not need medical treatment.
A man was arrested an hour after the incident.
Ronnie Potts, 31, of Rosehill Way, Newcastle, has been charged with attempted wounding with intent to commit grievous bodily harm, and dangerous driving.
He was bailed and will appear at Gateshead Magistrates' Court on Thursday October 4.
More from News
- Go Compare Advert Singing Chihuahua Stolen In Burglary
- Evolution Festival Director Jim Mawdsley Talks Curry, Cocktails And Bikinis
- Armed Robber Targets Tyneside Post Office
- Coal Mining Elvis Impersonator Among Artist's Work On Post-War Tyneside
- Bud The Police Horse Punched After Tyne Wear Derby Returns To Newcastle For EDL Demo
- Car Park Capers: Nesting Seagull Picks Empty Bay At Train Station
- Fresh Start For Unemployed And Ex-Offenders At Charity Cafe
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallies Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle