Body shaping lingerie such as Spanx has become a household favourite for women of all ages.
But demand for retro waist cinching underwear such as steel boned corsets is on the increase according to one shop in Newcastle.
Through The Looking Glass Corsets specialise is traditional undergarments made popular by the likes of American burlesque model Dita Von Teese.
21-year-old model Victoria Stenhouse has had a passion for corsets from a young age and can shrink her waist by an impressive 10 inches when wearing one.
She said: "I think in different areas corsets are making a comeback. In my alternative lifestyle I love dressing in black and being a goth but I just love my corsets."
Through The Looking Glass Corsets sales assistant Briony Holliday says that more and more women of all ages are coming to the shop to be fitted for a traditional style corset for use as both outerwear and underwear.
She said: "I think the trend is moving away from these skinny, stick thin models to ladies who want curves and being proud of their figure."
- Headdresses And Petticoats: Lolita Fashion
- Gateshead Lacy Lingerie To Rival Major UK Brands
- On Top Of The World: Skyscraper Heels For North East Ladies
- Fashion Week: Jayne Middlemiss Presents Catwalk Show
- Dresses By Fifties-Inspired Fashion Label
- From Art To Fashion
- Aloha Amy: Towie Star In Daring Dress
More from News
- T&C Win Evolution Tickets: Why I Love Evolution
- Missing Student Jason Fyles: Family Appeal For Teenager To Get In Touch
- Missing Student Jason Fyles: Growing Concern As Bank Account Untouched
- State Of Nature: Report Warns Of Threat To North East Wildlife
- Boy Aged 10 Airlifted To Hospital After Being Hit By Car In South Shields
- Ann Summers Party Ends In Violence
- Police Appeal For Information On Missing Newcastle University Student Jason Fyles
- Sports Direct Sign On Newcastle's St James' Park Roof Painted Over