A 23-year-old man has died in hospital a week after the car he was in left the road and smashed into three parked vehicles.
Jonathan Cruddas Ginks is the second man to have died in the collision which happened at Ashdale in Mount Pleasant on Wearside at 9pm on September 9.
A Suzuki car left the road and hit three vehicles on a driveway.
Jay McCormick suffered serious injuries and was pronounced dead at Sunderland Royal Hospital.
Two men aged 25 and 34 who were in the car at the time of the crash were arrested and have since been released, with no further action to be taken.
Any witnesses should contact police on 101 ext 69191.
More from News
- Haggis 'Not Scottish': Claims Burns Night Dish Was Invented by Geordies
- Tyne And Wear Swelters On One Of The Hottest Days Of The Year So Far
- Derek Llambias Resigns From Role As Managing Director At Newcastle United
- Newcastle United Boss Alan Pardew Leads The Premier League Sack Race
- Rihanna's Greatest Hits: Stadium Of Light Star Lashes Out At Clingy Fan
- Vintage Vehicles Tear Up The Dales In The 43rd Annual Beamish Run
- British Army Redundancies: North East Ex-Servicemen Speak Out
- Newcastle Fan Who Punched Police Horse Claims 'Self Defence'