Two men have been released on bail following a fatal crash in the Mount Pleasant area of Sunderland which left one man dead and one seriously injured.
The men aged 25 and 34 were arrested in connection with the collision. The 25-year old has been receiving treatment at Sunderland RVI.
The crash, which happened at 8.56pm on Sunday, September 9, 2012, involved a Suzuki which had left the road and collided with three parked vehicles on a driveway.
19-year-old Jay McCormick suffered serious injuries and was pronounced dead at Sunderland Royal Hospital.
A 23-year-old man suffered serious injuries and is also at Sunderland RVI in a critical condition.
The road was re-opened at 4.25am following investigation and vehicle recovery.
Enquiries into the incident are underway and police are urging anyone with any information to contact 101 ext 69191 as soon as possible.
More from News
- Car Park Capers: Nesting Seagull Picks Empty Bay At Train Station
- Fresh Start For Unemployed And Ex-Offenders At Charity Cafe
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallies Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- ¡Vamos! 2013: Burundanga And Hannahbiell Warm Up For Festival
- Maker Faire UK: Fire-Breathing Dragons And Pole-Dancing Robots
- Coach Crash And Building Collapse: Terrorism And Disaster Live Exercise
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career