Cheryl Cole is reported to be making a surprise return to ITV's X Factor to help Gary Barlow mentor his acts.
Viewers were told Gary would be joined by fellow Take That star Robbie Williams to whittle down the over-28s category at the judges' houses stage.
But The Sun claims a source inside the ITV show revealed it would be Cheryl not Robbie joining Gary, and tweets exchanged between the stars suggest the rumour is true.
Gary Barlow tweeted: "Just so we don't clash, I'm wearing the pink suit with the red shoes ;)"
A few minutes later Cheryl replied: "Got you !! ;) see you soon !!!"
And Simon Cowell tweeted: "Welcome back Cheryl. X"
The pair performed on stage together at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Concert at Buckingham Palace in June and insider reports suggest discussions about Cheryl's return to the show started that night.
The Newcastle superstar quit the UK X Factor in 2011 to focus on the US version of the show, but was dropped after just a few days of filming.
- X Factor Reject Bites Back
- Cheryl Cole 'Struck Head' In LA Car Crash
- Rapper Hits Back At X Factor Judge Nicole 'Newcastle Is A TFZ' Scherzinger
- Scarlet Street: Barberpop Girl Band
More from News
- Former Newcastle Striker Joe Allon Launches Dementia Awareness Week
- 18 Sunderland Fans In Court Accused Of West Ham Match Day Violence
- Police Appeal For Information On Missing Newcastle University Student Jason Fyles
- Unsolved Crimes In South Tyneside: Police Release CCTV
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Woman Missing From Durham Mental Health Hospital: Possible Sighting In Newcastle
- Young Couple Killed In A1 Motorbike Crash: Families Pay Tribute
- Fears For Missing Student After 'Friends Turned Their Back' Tweet