X Factor winners Little Mix have hit number one with their second single Wings.
The girl group, made up of Perrie Edwards and Jade Thirlwall from South Shields and bandmates Jesy Nelson and Leigh-Anne Pinnock, also reached the top spot with their debut, Cannonball.
Figures released midweek by the Official UK Charts Company showed them outselling their closest rival, last week's chart-topper Sam And The Womp's Bom Bom, by more than two copies to one.
Jesy Nelson said: "This has been the best week ever.
"We feel like Wings is our baby that we've been waiting to unleash on the world. To have it released and go straight to number one is just incredible.
"Thank you to everyone that has bought the single this week, it means so much to us."
- Has Newcastle Got The X Factor?
- You Ask The Questions: Little Mix Mum
- Exclusive Interview: Little Mix’s Perrie Edwards
More from News
- Missing Student Jason Fyles: Family Appeal For Teenager To Get In Touch
- Missing Student Jason Fyles: Growing Concern As Bank Account Untouched
- State Of Nature: Report Warns Of Threat To North East Wildlife
- Boy Aged 10 Airlifted To Hospital After Being Hit By Car In South Shields
- Ann Summers Party Ends In Violence
- Police Appeal For Information On Missing Newcastle University Student Jason Fyles
- Sports Direct Sign On Newcastle's St James' Park Roof Painted Over
- The Extreme Job Hunter: Video Stunts Set Dad's Online CV Apart