Kate Middleton’s burlesque performer cousin Katrina Darling has told how she is the “black sheep” of her Wearside family.
The 22-year-old, of Fulwell, Sunderland, learned of her blue blooded connection when a newspaper began digging into her family tree at the time of the Royal engagement.
They discovered that Katrina’s grandmother, Jane Darling, was sister to Kate’s great grandfather Thomas Harrison.
The former Monkwearmouth School pupil was paid a six-figure sum to appear in the September issue of Playboy, where she graced eight pages inside and posed naked on the cover.
Speaking to Sky Tyne and Wear the former banker said her life could not be more different to that of her second cousin.
Katrina said she would like to meet Kate, who is the Duchess of Cambridge, but admitted it was unlikely to happen because of her career.
She has since caused controversy by performing a risqué burlesque version of God Save the Queen.
Katrina said: “I will forever be known as Kate’s relative but I won’t let that stop me doing what I love.”
More from News
- State Of Nature: Report Warns Of Threat To North East Wildlife
- Boy Aged 10 Airlifted To Hospital After Being Hit By Car In South Shields
- Ann Summers Party Ends In Violence
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallying Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle
- Police Appeal For Information On Missing Newcastle University Student Jason Fyles
- Sports Direct Sign On Newcastle's St James' Park Roof Painted Over
- The Extreme Job Hunter: Video Stunts Set Dad's Online CV Apart
- Man Arrested After Rooftop Protest In Sunderland