X Factor reject Billy Moore has hit back at talent show judges after his excruciating prime time television humiliation.
The 41-year-old blamed stage fright for his failure to hit the high notes in front of judges Nicole Scherzinger, Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh and Tulisa Contostavlos.
Jobless Billy, of Throckley, Newcastle, called in to the Sky Tyne and Wear offices near St James' Park to set the record straight.
Singing acapella he belted out a version of his favourite song - 'With Your Love' by 1980's rock giants Journey.
Passers by stopped and stared as they recognised the aspiring solo artist's distinctive vocals.
Posing for pictures with fans, Billy said: "I just want people to take me seriously. I want people to realise that I really can sing."
He was disappointed with his exit following his audition, and wanted to prove to people that he could sing.
Nicole Scherzinger went on to brand Newcastle a "TFZ" or 'Talent Free Zone'.
The former Pussycat Doll also criticised the Geordie accent on the hit TV show, claiming she couldn't understand what the northern hopefuls were saying.
She said: "I came from Los Angeles for this... I expected more from Newcastle."
Scherzinger replaced Cheryl Cole during last year's auditions.
- Rapper Hits Back At X Factor Judge Nicole 'Newcastle Is A TFZ' Scherzinger
- Who Is At The Newcastle X Factor Auditions? Tweet Us
- Are These The Next X Factor Winners?
- X Factor Auditions: Judges Arrive in Newcastle
- Cheryl Cole Rules Out X Factor Return
More from News
- Shannen Steinson Is Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- Tyne Tees Models Strut Their Stuff At Intu Eldon Square Fashion Show
- students mind
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban
- Northumbria University Graduation Ball Illness Thought To Be Norovirus
- Pictures: Meet The Finalists Hoping To Be Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- 'Actor' Love Rat Conned Sunderland Woman Out Of Her Life Savings
- Skydiving: 'Always Terrifying' According To Newcastle Academics