Sky Tyne and Wear reporters Nisha Joshi and Dan Salisbury-Jones took the Maserati GranCabrio Sport for a spin.
They drew admiring glances as the car passed St James' Park, The Stadium of Light, Antony Gormley's Angel of the North and the Tyne Bridge.
Nisha, 25, said she felt like Cheryl Cole when she was driving the stunning red motor.
And Dan was mistaken for former Newcastle United defender Jose Enrique when he sat in the 4.7litre machine outside the Sky Tyne and Wear office near St James' Park.
Nisha said: "I was gobsmacked when I saw it parked outside the office, and all I could say was: “I love my job!”
"Heads turned on the streets and in other cars - people were desperate to catch a glimpse of which celebrity or footballer was driving the car."
We also did a rather unscientific test to see if ladies in Newcastle found our sport reporter Dan Salisbury-Jones more attractive sat in a Maserati rather than on the street.
The answer was a resounding yes.
Dan said: “It was a great experience to be sat in a car of such class.”
- Why Newcastle Upon Tyne Is The New Home Of Maserati
- Sport Can Be A Way Of Life: The Olympic Legacy For Tyne And Wear
More from News
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallies Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle
- Newcastle End Of Season Stat Attack: NUFC Had Worst Defence And Dirtiest Player
- Sunderland Pensioner Could Be Jailed For Sex Attacks On Children
- Washington Fraudster Faces Jail After Playing Rugby With £923,000 'Wrist Injury'
- Brother And Sister's Plea To Missing Newcastle University Student Jason Fyles
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- T&C Win Evolution Tickets: Why I Love Evolution
- Missing Student Jason Fyles: Family Appeal For Teenager To Get In Touch