Promising dancer Eliot Smith needs to raise £20,000 in four months to allow him to take his place at one of the world’s most prestigious dance schools.
The 21-year-old, from Heaton, Newcastle, has been offered a scholarship place at the Martha Graham School of Dance in New York.
He was told he needed to raise £30,000 sponsorship money to cover fees and living costs. Eliot has already raised £10,000 in three weeks and is looking for others to help make his dream come true.
He said: "This means everything for me. If I can raise £20,000 then this will allow me to go to the most prestigious dance school in the world.
"It’s too good an opportunity to miss."
The performer, who runs his own dance company, the Eliot Smith Company, and began his career at Newcastle’s Dance City, has just finished a four-year course at the London School for Contemporary Dance.
- Newcastle Vampire Dancers To Hit London
- Hang Aerial Trapeze Craze
- Body Popping Butchers At Grainger Market
- Get A Wiggle On: How To Hula Hoop
More from News
- Shoe Mirror Peeping Tom Caught 'Perving' On Woman At Swimming Baths
- Residents’ Heartbreak As Sunderland Estate Floods Again
- Extra Police Patrols After Woman Is Raped Near Newcastle College
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- LIVE BLOG: Flood Alert For Newcastle Quayside And Severe Weather Warning
- LIVE BLOG HTML: Flood Alert For Newcastle Quayside And Severe Weather Warning
- Kung Fu, Tai Chi And Karate Masters The Shaolin Warriors Wow Wearside
- Newcastle Chinatown Waiters High Kicked Troublemakers 'Like Bruce Lee Extras'