There was double joy for two sets of identical twins when they picked up their GCSE results from school today.
For years teachers at St Cuthbert’s Catholic High School in Newcastle have struggled with telling apart Liam and Fraser Wright, and Luke and Nicholas Jarvis-Smith.
The twins achieved similar but not identical results in their GCSEs, though all have done better than expected thanks to hard work.
Nicholas gained an A*, six As and three Bs while his brother got an A*, an A and eight Bs.
Liam achieved two As, seven Bs and a C while Fraser got an A, seven Bs and a two Cs.
Afterwards head of year Lee Ferris said: "All four are absolutely brilliant lads, the biggest problem is telling them apart.
"It has taken me three years to be able to tell them apart – today is the first time I managed it.
"They have worked really hard and their results reflect it."
All four will go on to study A Levels in the school’s sixth form.
Luke, 16, from Walker, Newcastle, said afterwards: “Playing football or on the computer, it’s me against him. But we get along considering we are with each other 24/7.”
Nicholas said: "We are good friends."
Liam, 16, from Chapel House, liked the experience of being a twin at school, saying: "You always have someone to speak to."
Fraser added: “You always have someone to fall back on.”
- A-Levels High Flier To Become Helicopter Gunship Pilot
- Identical Twins, Identical Degrees, Identical Jobs
- South Tyneside College Students Celebrate A-Level Success
More from News
- Tyne And Wear Swelters On One Of The Hottest Days Of The Year So Far
- Derek Llambias Resigns From Role As Managing Director At Newcastle United
- Newcastle United Boss Alan Pardew Leads The Premier League Sack Race
- Rihanna's Greatest Hits: Stadium Of Light Star Lashes Out At Clingy Fan
- Vintage Vehicles Tear Up The Dales In The 43rd Annual Beamish Run
- British Army Redundancies: North East Ex-Servicemen Speak Out
- Newcastle Fan Who Punched Police Horse Claims 'Self Defence'
- The Beggar Who Makes Up To £150 A Day On The Streets Of Newcastle