A Newcastle clothing company has created a specially customized t-shirt following the summer of wild weather across Tyne and Wear.
The tongue in cheek tops, emblazoned with the words ‘I Survived The Toon Monsoon’, are the brainchild of Dare To Wear Clothing based in South Gosforth.
The company came up with idea as a light-hearted reaction to the heavy rain and floods during the summer months that caused misery for many throughout the region.
Lesley Dent, Co-owner of Dare To Wear Clothing, said: “Unfortunately we had some friends who were flooded and we thought the t-shirts would be a sideways Geordie look at the fact that people do see the funny side, even in bad times.
“It turned out to be a very popular line for a short period of time anwd hen the floods came back again, the t-shirt came back.
“We’ve still been producing it, but obviously we hope never to have to produce it again.
“Who know, next summer one of our t-shirts might say ‘I’m wearing this tiny top because it’s so hot!’.”
To see more Dear To Wear Designs, visit their webpage:
- Bring In The Tanks: Calls For Better Flood Defences
- Fighting The Floods With Towels, T-Shirts And Trousers
- Weather Disruption Continues - And The Rain Returns
- Lucky The Dog Rescued As Gateshead Homes Flooded Again
- Flooding And Road Closures As Wild Weather Returns To Tyne And Wear
- Wild Weather: Your Pictures Of Sunday's Storm
- 'Super Storm' Aftermath: Businesses Paying The Price
- Chaos In Tyneside Caused By Dangerous Super Cell Thunderstorm
- Met Office Issues Severe Weather Warning
More from News
- 18 Sunderland Fans In Court Accused Of West Ham Match Day Violence
- Police Appeal For Information On Missing Newcastle University Student Jason Fyles
- Unsolved Crimes In South Tyneside: Police Release CCTV
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Woman Missing From Durham Mental Health Hospital: Possible Sighting In Newcastle
- Young Couple Killed In A1 Motorbike Crash: Families Pay Tribute
- investment embargoed till monday
- Fears For Missing Student After 'Friends Turned Their Back' Tweet