Ofcom has revealed there are four bidders shortlisted to run a new local TV channel for Tyne and Wear.
The four bidders, Made In Tyne and Wear, Metro8 Newcastle, Channel 8 North East Ltd and Your TV all submitted proposals.
The winning bid will be decided later this year.
Paul Robertson, Director Channel 8 North East Ltd said: “We are really hoping we get selected. We want local business involvement, local programming and local news.
“We have had some great North East dramas in the past and we think we would provide the right platform for that to continue.”
Tony Hazell, Channel Manager for Made In Tyne and Wear said: “We would produce programming on local issues, possibly through talk shows.
“We would like to feature local heroes, for example local football referees who help make a difference at a grassroots level.”
For information on the bid from Your TV click here: http://yourtvnewcastle.co.uk/
For information on the bid from Metro8 Newcastle click here: http://vimeo.com/47349116
- New TV Channel For Newcastle?
- Strictly Come Dancing North East
- Y Radio: Rocking The Airwaves
- Sunderland Says Aye To Sports Radio Show
- Radio Loco: Kids Take Over The Airwaves
More from News
- Shannen Steinson Is Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- Tyne Tees Models Strut Their Stuff At Intu Eldon Square Fashion Show
- students mind
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban
- Northumbria University Graduation Ball Illness Thought To Be Norovirus
- Pictures: Meet The Finalists Hoping To Be Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- 'Actor' Love Rat Conned Sunderland Woman Out Of Her Life Savings
- Skydiving: 'Always Terrifying' According To Newcastle Academics