Tony "the Fridge" Morrison will be running thirty half marathons in thirty days with a six stone fridge on his back.
The father-of-four of Hebburn, South Tyneside, fell upon the quirky idea when running another marathon.
“It was a fantastic fundraising idea and I wanted to do something a little bit extraordinary that would hopefully grab peoples attention and imagination,” he said.
Tony, 48, is running for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation after losing a close family member to cancer.
"She was a dearly loved grandmother, virtually like a second mother to my eldest son Tony and one of those people we miss."
He first ran with the fridge in 2011.
But this time he has set himself the mission of completing the GNR’s route every day for twenty nine days, culminating with the race on September 16.
Tony does not seem daunted by what lies ahead, “I don’t really want to think about the whole distance.
"I’m living in the moment at this very time; each step is all I consider.
"When I set out I decided to complete the challenge and I’m sure if I keep focused the miles will soon disappear.”
To donate go to – www.therunproject.co.uk
- Seb 4 CHUF: Ivan Hollingsworth Stays Positive For His Heart Patient Son
- Chester-Le-Street Marathon Runner Replaces Radcliffe At London 2012
- Follow The North East's Athletes At The Olympics
More from News
- Man Arrested After Rooftop Protest In Sunderland
- Northern Chords Festival Brings World's Best Classical Talent To Sage Gateshead
- Wallsend Man Attacked By Gang With Hammer And Baseball Bat
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- Boss Faces Jail After Swan Hunter Shipyard Worker Killed By Falling Girder
- Former Newcastle Striker Joe Allon Launches Dementia Awareness Week
- 18 Sunderland Fans In Court Accused Of West Ham Match Day Violence
- Unsolved Crimes In South Tyneside: Police Release CCTV