Musical theatre stars have surprised shoppers in Eldon Square with a sneak preview of their upcoming performance of Annie.
Actors from the Newcastle-Upon-Tyne Musical Theatre Company have been warming up for their summer show by singing a selection of favourites from the well-known musical.
The company, which has been running for more than a century, produces a show at Newcastle's Theatre Royal every year.
Previous shows include 42nd Street in 2011, The King And I in 2010 and The Producers in 2009.
Performers of all ages will be taking part in the 2012 production of Annie, which will see 60 performers take to the stage.
A lengthy audition process earlier in the year saw 130 young girls audition for the role of Annie.
The show's Daddy Warbucks, Gareth Lilley from Fenham, has been forced to sacrifice his hair ahead of the production.
The 32-year-old underwent a full head shave with cut-throat razors at Newcastle barbers Ordian in order to prepare for the role.
Annie will be performed at the Theatre Royal between August 28 and September 1, 2012.
- Blast From The Past: 20th Century Games For 21st Century Children
- Madness The Musical: ‘Our House’ In The Middle Of Newcastle
- Jesus Christ Is A Mackem: Sunderland Singer Wins Talent Show
- Connie Fisher: Adele Should Speak Out About Throat Surgery
What is your favourite musical?
More from News
- Tyne Tees Models Strut Their Stuff At Intu Eldon Square Fashion Show
- students mind
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban
- Northumbria University Graduation Ball Illness Thought To Be Norovirus
- Pictures: Meet The Finalists Hoping To Be Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- 'Actor' Love Rat Conned Sunderland Woman Out Of Her Life Savings
- Skydiving: 'Always Terrifying' According To Newcastle Academics
- Report Slams Social Workers Who Missed Danger Signs For Baby Killed While Mum Was At Shops