Hundreds of cannabis plants with a street value of around £50,000 have been seized as part of a police operation targeting drug gangs in Gateshead.
Officers carried out early morning raids at several properties in Bensham as part of Operation Handle, which was launched to tackle drug disorder in the town centre after concerns were raised by the community.
More than 400 plants were found at an address in Rectory Place. Following the discovery a 20-year-old man was arrested and later charged with the production of cannabis.
Tuan Bui, 20, of no fixed abode, appeared at Gateshead Magistrates' Court on Thursday, August 16.
A 27 year-old man and a 27-year-old woman were also arrested on suspicion of cannabis possession, but were given cautions.
It comes a week after four properties in the same area were raided which saw more arrests.
Two men were charged with blackmail offences.
Officers are urging landlords to keep a close eye on their tenants.
Inspector Michael Robson of the Central Neighbourhood Policing Team said: "The local residents have been telling us their concerns and we are determined to see through these actions.
"Bensham is a safe place but we want to make it clear that we will continue to crackdown on criminals in the area. We'll keep targeting known offenders and anyone suspected of committing crime or anti-social behaviour."
Anyone who suspects any drug activity in their neighbourhood or has any concerns is asked to contact their local neighbourhood policing team on 101 ext 69191 or independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Police Raid £10,000 Cannabis Farm
- Nine Arrested After Cannabis Farm Raid
- Cocaine Worth £3.2m Found At House: Three Men Charged
- £1m Worth Of Cocaine Found In A Taxi In Newcastle
- Airport Drug Smuggler Jailed For Eight Years
More from News
- Car Park Capers: Nesting Seagull Picks Empty Bay At Train Station
- Fresh Start For Unemployed And Ex-Offenders At Charity Cafe
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallies Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- ¡Vamos! 2013: Burundanga And Hannahbiell Warm Up For Festival
- Maker Faire UK: Fire-Breathing Dragons And Pole-Dancing Robots
- Coach Crash And Building Collapse: Terrorism And Disaster Live Exercise
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career