Fundraisers for the Children’s Heart Unit Fund have completed their biggest achievement to date with their third coast-to-coast challenge.
Ivan Hollingsworth and his team cycled, swam and ran a distance of nearly 200 miles from Whitehaven to Tynemouth over the course of three days.
Ivan has been a keen fundraiser for the Heart Unit after his son Sebastian had life saving surgery there as a baby.
Ivan said: “The success of the challenges we do is testament to the role everyone plays – whether they support or take part themselves.
“It is very humbling that people want to help us raise money for the Children’s Heart Unit Fund.”
From this particular challenge they are hoping to raise in excess of £50,000.
For more information visit: http://www.seb4chuf.org.uk
- Open Water Swimming For The Children’s Heart Unit
- Seb 4 CHUF: Ivan Hollingsworth Stays Positive For His Heart Patient Son
- Sponsored Toddle For 'Wonderful' Freeman Hospital Children's Heart Unit
- Children's Heart Unit To Stay At Newcastle Freeman
- Transplant Survivors Tell Their Stories
- 23-Mile Thankyou For Saving Baby Tilly's Life
- The Man Who Ran 100 Miles In 24 Hours For His Son
More from News
- Derek Llambias Resigns From Role As Managing Director At Newcastle United
- Newcastle United Boss Alan Pardew Leads The Premier League Sack Race
- Rihanna's Greatest Hits: Stadium Of Light Star Lashes Out At Clingy Fan
- Vintage Vehicles Tear Up The Dales In The 43rd Annual Beamish Run
- British Army Redundancies: North East Ex-Servicemen Speak Out
- Newcastle Fan Who Punched Police Horse Claims 'Self Defence'
- The Beggar Who Makes Up To £150 A Day On The Streets Of Newcastle
- Newcastle City Council Leader Nick Forbes: 'Cuts Made Me A Hate Figure'